Saturday, December 15, 2007

should have just politely nodded...

here's how the situation played out:

co-worker- "morning aaron, working hard or hardly working?"

evan/not aaron/me- "suck it"

co-worker- "pardon?"

evan/not aaron/me- "uhhh, software kit. uhh, did you get the new software kit for the aeris billing system?"

co-worker- "actually yeah i did. are you in charge of those?"

evan/not aaron/me- "no, i believe mark is (i don't even know if there's a mark in the company)"

co-worker- "actually would you mind doing the set up report on that?"

evan/not aaron/me- "sure man" (goddamnit!!!!)

a hard lesson was learned. if i would have kept my anger to myself and accepted the fact that no one really knows my name i could be zoning out playing solitaire on my computer today instead of this most cruel of projects.

my san francisco weekend recap:
- haircut
- highland park 18 scotch is pretty much liquified construda. a real party in ones mouth and not everyones invited. only wealthy virgin debutantes and english premier league soccer players. the true A list of scotch flavor.
- triggered a mini riot in a carls jr. (people just don't like the look of me)

- three good quotes:
1. "ahh, come visit the haunted shores of morro bay"
2. "not having sex is the new getting laid"
3. "i want to have sex with a 5 year old boy wearing lipstick. dammit! i mean i want to have sex with my girlfriend"

No comments: